Dear <<First Name>>🌹 🎶Celebrating the Power of Women's* Voices - #IWD2023 🎶🌹* People who identify as women“I am a woman. I do not like war. However, I would rather die than accept your deal,”
declared Ethiopian Empress Taytu Betal before leading a massive victory against Italian colonisers in 1896. Some centuries before, in what is now Angola, we hear the voice of Queen Nzinga, (1583-1663) roaring "you will never be crowned if you always back down."
Famous for dressing as a man and having a harem of male concubines dressed as women, she defended her realm against the Portuguese for decades, leading battles in her 60s.
I am continually inspired by the women who, throughout global herstory, have overcome enormous challenges to raise their voices and make waves in the world. Wherever there is oppression, there are woman campaigning for freedom, like the brave trio who launched #BlackLivesMatter. Wherever there is censorship, there are women roaring, like our brave Iranian sisters. Even when they have to go underground, like our friends in Afghanistan, there are women finding a way to support and liberate each other.Every victory for women is a victory for all of usand a victory for a better world and a better future.🌹 🎶Celebrating all the Amazing Women in My Life 🎶🌹Huge thanks
to all my multi-talented wonder women collaborators
all the superwomen singers in my choirs and sessions,
my nearest and dearest soulsisters, and my Mum & Superintendent Sister. IWD London EventsGill Manly
- jazz diva, councillor, celebrant - is hosting an IWD Event
as part of an exciting new programme with Mitcham Arts CollectiveHelen Chadwick
Founder of Sing for Water, has composed beautiful music for Nothing on Earth,
a new play about high-flying female pioneers
by Anna Reynolds on tour this month in Herts and London.WOW Festival
- this weekend at the SouthbankCharities Supporting Women WorldwideThe Circle
- Annie Lennox's Charity supporting women and girlsPlan International
- working to advance children's rights and equality for girls🌹 🎶 Spring Adventures 🎶 🌹* Abseil for George's 17th March
- with huge thanks for 7.5 years leading the Heart & Lung Songs Group I'm going over the edge of a 13-storey building for St George's Hospital Charity - thank you so much for your donations!
* Breathe Harmony NHS & MyCool Singers Spring Concert -
22nd April, 7.30pm* Roaring Roses -
dynamic new vocal ensemble starting soon* Sing for the Earth - 30th April
- come and sing for our planet!
* Coaching & Choirs
- 1:1 and group vocal adventures
Please check out the info below, visit my website
or drop me a line!Wishing you a fantastic IWD2023Look forward to seeing and singing with you along with way.Be well, breathe deep and keep singing loudly!@katierosewindow on the Socialskatie@therosewindow.orgwww.therosewindow.org