I thought singing was not something I would ever be able to do until I came to your workshop. - Geraldine, One World Festival
Whether you are interested in singing for your wellbeing, for your creative expression and/or as a way to connect with others and make a social contribution - welcome!
There's now substantial exciting research that demonstrates that singing is good for us - physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and spiritually - it's also great fun!
Choirs can become a powerful force for change by supporting important causes.
Come and Sing!
Katie leads a number of regular choirs... all of which are led inclusively - everything is taught by ear - no previous musical experience required.
- If you are South London based, looking for a lively choir who sing a mix of a capella original, pop, folk and world music check out Crystal Palace Transition Town Choir
- If you are a Croydon Carer looking for some creative respite in a supportive atmosphere please click to find out more about Croydon Carers Choir
- To join a 40-50 strong community choir in Caterham who sing both acapella and accompanied with Katie and Sarah Fisher - Caterham Community Choir
- To find out more about the health benefits of singing and sessions for cardiac and respiratory patients visit Singing for Wellbeing Groups
- If you are interested in being part of a mass choral fundraiser making a difference in the world find out more about Sing for Water
- You can also download and listen to some of Katie's Choral Arrangements
Committed to creating uplifting, inclusive experiences of singing, Katie has led groups of all shapes and sizes in arts and community centres, hospitals and festivals for 15 years.
In addition to the choirs above, Katie has also lead sessions for
St Christopher's Hospice, Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals, Whittington Hospital, Raise the Roof at the Horniman Museum, Sydenham Singers, Shakti Sings, Croydon Community Choir, Heart of the City, Dominic Sitchbury's Men's Singing Workshop at Landmark Arts Centre and Many Voices LGBT Singing Group.A fully insured member of the Natural Voice Practitioners Network, she believes that everyone has a voice and can access the benefits of singing
Because Singing Can and Does Change the World!