In The Silence 4:200:00 / 4:20
Love and Compassion 4:440:00 / 4:44
0:00 / 3:13
empty cup 5:430:00 / 5:43
willow 5:360:00 / 5:36
Turn to Water 4:320:00 / 4:32
Rose Chant 4:140:00 / 4:14
Stormy Weather 5:120:00 / 5:12
Woman 3:110:00 / 3:11
The Mermaid 5:020:00 / 5:02
molly bawn 5:560:00 / 5:56
Take Care 3:390:00 / 3:39
Ocean of Grace 6:340:00 / 6:34
requiem 7:080:00 / 7:08
Singing can seriously increase your happiness!
Singing in choirs has scientifically demonstrated wellbeing benefits including:
* And breathe.... - singing encourages us to breathe deep and long
* Heart humming - it's a gentle form of cardio-vascular exercise
* Stress busting - singing blows off steam, relieving pain and tension
* Mood Booster - singing releases endorphins and happy hormones
* Brain Gym - learning lyrics and melodies flexes our grey cells
* Calm - singing brings us into the present moment, alleviating worries
* Confidence - singing empowers healthy self-esteem and self-expression
* Creative Fulfilment - making a great sound together brings satisfaction
* Social vitamins - syncs heartrates and releases bonding hormone oxytocin
* Friendships - choirs can grow into eco-systems of social support
* Contribution - choirs can fundraise and bring joy to their community
Because Singing Can and Does Change the World...
Sing for Water
Sing for Water was initiated by composer Helen Chadwick as a project to raise money for WaterAid at The Thames Festival in 2002. Mass choral events now take place across the country and have raised over £1 million for WaterAid's life-saving projects providing clean water, hygiene and sanitation in the world's poorest communities.
Katie Rose has been conducting events for Sing for Water since 2011. She has co-directed Sing for Water London with Michael Harper & Roxane Smith at Totally Thames since 2017:
"Sing for Water demonstrates the amazing power of song to make waves in the world"
Sing for Water London 2019
15th September, 2.15, The Scoop, Queens Walk, SE1 2AA
Join us for a spectacular choral fundraiser in a stunning riverside venue.
“There is a song which says 'many drops to turn a mill, singly none' and it is wonderful that so many choirs, festivals and individuals are now involved with Sing for Water. We are hoping that Sing for Water will continue to grow so that many more people can have access to safe water and sanitation. ”
— Helen Chadwick
Warm Hearted Singing
Welcome your voice in a welcoming lively choir who laugh as much as they sing!
Thursdays 7-9pm, Term time,
St John The Evangelist,
Sylvan Road, SE19 2RX
In partnership with Crystal Palace Transition Town & Social Prescribing.
** First Session Free**
Termly fee - £84 / £72 concessions, no drop ins
If joining later in the term, first session is free then pay for the rest of the term from when you join at a rate of £6/£7 per session.
please email for more info
Visit our Facebook Page