In The Silence 4:200:00 / 4:20
Love and Compassion 4:440:00 / 4:44
0:00 / 3:13
empty cup 5:430:00 / 5:43
willow 5:360:00 / 5:36
Turn to Water 4:320:00 / 4:32
Rose Chant 4:140:00 / 4:14
Stormy Weather 5:120:00 / 5:12
Woman 3:110:00 / 3:11
The Mermaid 5:020:00 / 5:02
molly bawn 5:560:00 / 5:56
Take Care 3:390:00 / 3:39
Ocean of Grace 6:340:00 / 6:34
requiem 7:080:00 / 7:08
Singing can seriously increase your health & happiness!
Singing in choirs has scientifically demonstrated wellbeing benefits including:
* And breathe.... - singing encourages us to breathe deep and long
* Heart humming - it's a gentle form of cardio-vascular exercise
* Stress busting - singing blows off steam, relieving pain and tension
* Mood Booster - singing releases endorphins and happy hormones
* Brain Gym - learning lyrics and melodies flexes our grey cells
* Calm - singing brings us into the present moment, alleviating worries
* Confidence - singing empowers healthy self-esteem and self-expression
* Creative Fulfilment - making a great sound together brings satisfaction
* Social vitamins - syncs heartrates and releases bonding hormone oxytocin
* Friendships - choirs can grow into eco-systems of social support
* Contribution - choirs can fundraise and bring joy to their community
Because Singing Can and Does Change the World...
Welcome Your Voice!
Experience the joy of singing in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Uplifting a cappella singing - folk, world, pop - taught by ear. Everyone is welcome, including those who think they can't sing.
Thursdays 7-9pm, Term time,
St John The Evangelist,
Sylvan Road, SE19 2RX
In partnership with Crystal Palace Transition Town & Social Prescribing.
Autumn Term: 12th Sept-12th Dec
Half Term - no session 31st Oct
“The joy of finding my voice as part of something bigger than myself, and of expressing that joy through singing”
Croydon Carers Choir
“This has really lifted me and cheered me up. I'm feeling so much better.”